The Hobbit - An Unexpected Party Board Game
An Unexpected Party is a fast, fun, action-based tabletop game for 2-4 players, set in the opening scenes of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - when the thirteen Dwarves arrive unannounced at Bag End, much to Bilbo's dismay! Mischief ensues as the dwarves cheerfully jest with Bilbo under the watchful eye of Gandalf.
Step into the Dwarves' shoes and earn points by performing lines of the song, "The Things Bilbo Hates." As you move around Bag End you will gather items and generally make a mess of the place! But be careful not to push Bilbo too far...
The game ends either when all 15 lines of the song are completed, or with the momentous arrival of Thorin. The player with the most points - who did the best job arousing Bilbo's curiosity and shaking up his sheltered life - will win!
- In-world gameplay and authentic artwork
- Based on the opening scenes of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- Art by The Hobbit senior concept artist, Daniel Falconer
- See inside Bag End through the eyes of an artist who worked on the films!
- Game design by NZ board game designers Ian Luxmoore and Jarratt Gray (Endeavor)
- Open Edition
- Asymmetrical gameplay
- Perfect for children and families
- Quick to learn and to play
Your Game Box Includes:
- 1x Bag End Playing Board
- 15x Character Standees with Stands
- 21x Curious/Furious Tokens
- 1x Supply Bag
- 26x Item Tokens
- 13x Dwarf Cards (63mm x 88mm)
- 30x Party Cards (63mm x 88mm)
- 11x Bag End Cards (63mm x 88mm)
- 60x 1-Point Tokens
- 15x 2-Point Tokens
- 4x Player Boards
- 1x Rulebook
Age - Recommended for ages 10+
Play Time - 40-60 minutes
Players - 2-4